Sunday, November 13, 2016

Whatcha workin’ on this week

This week I’ve got a few active things on the needles and spindles.

I already mentioned them but much of my focus was on finishing up the structured cowl for my daughters birthday and the Hansel baby blanket . I also finished up the Helium handspun and plied the Lithium handspun.

48845EC0-42DC-4CCE-A46B-746C773263E3_medium2

Then I moved on to become a mostly-monogamous knitter. I’m participating in the Big Bad Berg-along, a KAL to knit any pattern by Melanie Berg, that is hosted across multiple podcasters including Boston Jen from the Down Cellar Studio Podcast and Gigi and Jasmine from the Kintmore Girls Podcast. I picked up a kit with three colors of Dragon Sock yarn for Melanie’s Ashburn Shawl from the Dragonfly Fibers booth at this years Shenandoah Valley Fiber Festival. I cast on with the brown in October and got through most of the color stripes but had let other things take over my knitting time and hadn’t even gotten to the 2nd color. Then this week I realized that the deadline for getting Interception points in the DCS Pigskin Party was coming up quickly on the 15th and I needed to get moving. So I’ve spent the rest of the week and weekend working to get the textured middle part done so I can finish the Red in time to claim my bonus point.

14561780_361612117522986_8683377433795100672_n_medium2

No comments:

Post a Comment